In addition to the many classes offered at Westcroft Judo Club, you can find special events happening around the year either taking place at the club or elsewhere. These will all appear below. Feel free to contact us for more information on any of the events listed.
- This event has passed.
July 16, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am UTC+0
The next grading is on Sunday 16th July. Please read the following important information.
- Registration starts at 09:00 and ends at 11:30 prompt.
- All assessments will be undertaken using the British Judo SHO (5-7 years ), MON (8-17 years) and KYU (15+ years) Grade Syllabus. Details are published on the BJA website.
- You will need to know everything from novice up to the grade you wish to attempt.
- You will be allowed to demonstrate a technique only once. The examiner may ask you to repeat the technique.
- You can be promoted only one Sho, Mon or Kyu per grading. It is recommended Sho grade three times each year, and Mon/Kyu grade twice per year.
- Minimum age of 5 years (Sho), 8 years (Mon), 12 years (10th Mon), and 15 years (Kyu), unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Ensure your competitions/events are logged in your record book.
Please make sure you bring your licence card and record book, and that it is up to date.
Sho Grade: Novice to 9th Sho – £6
Mon Grades: Novice to 18th Mon – £15
Kyu Grades: Novice to 1st Kyu – £20
Please complete the entry form (available from Mick or Andy) and return with payment no later than Saturday 15th July. Please make cheques payable to Westcroft Judo CIC.